Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Dalai Lama: We Can Never Obtain Peace in the Outer World Until We Make Peace With Ourselves


 Quotes From the Dalai Lama
to Nourish, Inform, and Inspire Us in 
These Challenging Times 
 
 
This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.

Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito
When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways--either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.

All suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their own happiness or satisfaction.
 
If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience and understanding.
 
Love is the absence of judgment.  

Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk. 
 
Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.

Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek. 
 
World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think, the manifestation of human compassion.
 
We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
 

No comments: