Thursday, September 23, 2021

David Bedrick: The Truth-Sound of the Soul

So beautifully and wisely said. Heartfelt gratitude to David Bedrick.

And I, too, saw Maya Angelou many years ago. The whole packed auditorium rose to our feet when she entered the stage. And I wept.
Yes, there is this soulful knowing that moves and opens our hearts so deeply. And meeting with Maya Angelou afterwards and gazing into her eyes and shaking her hands — all of this and more will always be with me.
And this lovely heartfelt soulful connection is what also draws me to David and to all whose wisdom and love help me remember and reconnect with what I have forgotten. There is indeed a sound the truth makes when given voice. 🙏 Molly
 

There's a sound the truth makes when given voice.
I first remember hearing that sound thirty years ago, attending an evening with Maya Angelou. She said good evening in 7 different languages. I sobbed not knowing what was happening to me. "She hasn't said anything yet," I thought.
It was not the truth of a fact that we can verify. It was the truth-sound of the soul.
That sound emerges when a long held secret emerges from a once restricted throat, when a forbidden utterance arises from a formerly oppressed region of the heart, or when, as if from nowhere, words fly out of the mouth telling a story that has forever waited to be told.
That sound resonates with the hearts of others, the bones of the ancestors, the dreaming of the Earth herself.
 
David Bedrick 
 
 

No comments: