Thursday, September 23, 2021

Chelan Harkin: I Am a Vehicle Because I Care To Live No Half Life

 Oh, wow! Just WOW! Thank you, Chelan Harkin! May we
all seek and hear the voices of the wisdom holders,
the truth-tellers, the visionaries in our midst.
They point the way to remembrance, to
reconnection, to consciousness, to love.
💗🙏💗
Molly

“Where does your poetry come from, Chelan? Are you simply a vehicle?”
I am a vehicle
because I have shed
a million skins.
I am a vehicle
because I have
time and time again
thrown comfort
into truth’s fire.
My daily regimen
is putting my heart forward
even if the world
is not ready for it.
I try to eat a steady diet
of sunshine
and pique my thirst
for beauty
that I may seek it everywhere.
I don’t stop digging
for the god that lives
inside every pain
and I know old demons
are just those
that have been waiting
to be alchemized
into glorious wisdom
by the transformational touch
of acceptance and love.
I have redefined love.
Not as a sweet, curtsying thing
that bows out of the way
of its own power
to be “nice”
but as that
which ennobles everything
by enabling nothing
and has claimed the type of crown
that knows also belongs
on every head.
I have made familiars
of chaos, terror
and the great mess
of life
that there may be
no energy that lives within me
from which I must scurry away.
I have called out the myth
of hell
and am welcoming
every part of me
home to worthiness.
I am a vehicle
because I care to live
no half life.

 Chelan Harkin

 

No comments: