Thursday, May 8, 2008

Matt's TV Debut: To syphon or to siphon? That's the question.


Okay... I was wrong. I admit it. I was under the impression that FOX "news" (with a small "n"!) was always nothing more than a sound piece for Rupert Murdoch. I went so far as to never watch it because I held the belief that there would never be anyone on FOX who was truly worth listening to. But I was wrong! On Tuesday night, May 6th at about 10:10pm there was someone on who is absolutely and completely and awesomely fantastic!! - my son Matt! Yes, young Matthew has now - at the ripe age of 21 - made his television debut. Earlier in the day, he had just stepped outside a local sporting goods store when he suddenly found himself being questioned with a microphone pointed at his face. Young Matt, having a flare for the dramatic, gave a very dramatic response to the question at hand, never truly dreaming that his words would make television. But, think again!: this is FOX we're talking about! So, of course, and as usual, the dramatic is what made it onto the "news". Only this is no usual experience for my son! What a hoot! For all who would actually like to view something on FOX that is worth watching (admittedly in my opinion), you can refer to Matt's oldest brother's email (below) which takes us all right to the source. Enjoy! I certainly did! ;-) Molly


----- Original Message -----
From:
Brian Murray
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:34 PM
Subject: To syphon or to siphon? That's the question.

Hi all,

Just a friendly note to share that my brother, Matt, was on Fox news in Gresham a few days ago. 15 seconds of fame and all that. ;-)

Seriously, though, here's the story:
http://www.kptv.com/news/16174660/detail.html.

And here's the video itself:
http://www.kptv.com/video/16173369/index.html.

He shows up for a few seconds about a minute into the clip. Crazy world... gas siphoning and what not. ;-)

peace,

brian

No comments: