Sunday, May 11, 2008

Help needed for a friend

I just sent out this email message today and wanted to also add this new post to my blog site...

Warm but sad greetings today. I just learned this morning that a friend has been diagnosed with stage 3 cancer of the pancreas. He and his wife were also told that most people with this diagnosis have 6 months to 1 year to live. In talking with my friends this morning, I have their permission to share their names and to outreach for any kind of support anyone may deem helpful. For all those who were part of our very strong and loving team at Healthy Start, it is Bonnie and her husband Dave who just learned on Thursday that Dave has this cancer. They will be meeting with an oncologist on Monday and will then learn more ideas for treatment, possible radiation, chemotherapy, and palliative treatments. Bonnie shared in an email that "we have been told there is nothing that will stop the growth of the cancer and the death of his body. I have wondered if there are alternative therapies that you might know of, or might know someone to refer us to. Anything that would alleviate pain and itching as the cancer progresses." So they are now aware that I am sending out this email, and will also add a post to my blog site, asking for any help and ideas that anyone may have for alternative treatments - especially anything which might help with the pain and itching. My understanding is that the itching is from the inside out and affects the whole body. Anyone who feels that they may have some feedback which may help can email Dave and Bonnie directly at
delyclark@comcast.net. Any ideas which may help in any way possible would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. Peace and blessings ~ Molly

No comments: