Thursday, August 31, 2023

Deepest Gratitude For Ceremony and How It Has Changed My Life

The sacred arbor, 2022
This is the planning committee for the 2002 Ceremony - my last ceremony as a matron

2010 Ceremony with dear friends
2022 Ceremony - I was honored to be Intercessor

In a few hours I will be leaving for an annual ceremony that I first attended in 1999. The Women of the 14th Moon Ceremony is a women's ceremony that is one thread woven into my life changing experiences over the past many years. It is here that we gather on the land as maidens, matrons, and elders to welcome and support each other, to heal and awaken, to celebrate and laugh and cry, and to give voice to our experiences and what it is that most matters. It is here in this ceremony that I have experienced deepening relationships and trust with other women, that I have shed my fear of growing older and have embraced elderhood with gratitude and purpose, that I have dismantled the image management and perfectionism that our culture teaches, that I have recognized and honored the Sacred Feminine and the sacred interconnection with other women and with all of life, and that I have stepped more fully into the wholeness of who I am. And there is so much more. This morning I bow to these many incredible blessings and gifts. And I wish for us all that we find in an ongoing way that which most strengthens and nourishes our hearts and souls. Blessed be. 🙏💗Molly

No comments: