Sunday, February 7, 2016

Jayne Relaford Brown: Finding Her Here


I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
grey at the temples,
soft body, delighted,
cracked up by life
with a laugh that's known bitter
but, past it, got better,
knows she's a survivor-
that whatever comes,
she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep
weathered basket.

I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover
with arms strong and tender,
the growing daughter
who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons
and sunrises.

I find her becoming,
this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass,
who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going
and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,
but knows she's not scarce-
who knows she is plenty,
plenty to share.

- Jayne Relaford Brown 

Photo by Laerke Posselt: Gun-Britt Zeller 

WILD WOMAN SISTERHOOD
Worldwide Teachings & Events 
Instagram: @wildwomansisterhoodOffici
al
 

1 comment:

Nic said...

Adore this ♡