Thursday, August 28, 2014

Janet Quinn: I Am a Woman Bathing in the Bliss of the Company of Other Women

 Celebrating Women, Celebrating Ceremony, 
Celebrating All That Helps Each of Us Awaken

This weekend I will sit in circle once again with beautiful women of all ages as we come together for the Women of the 14th Moon Ceremony. I have been participating in this ceremony since 1999 and it - among other blessed experiences - has changed my life. There may be 130 of us from all over camped out on beautiful wild land sharing and laughing and crying and celebrating and sitting in ceremony as we honor our life stages of Maiden, Matron, Crone. For years I sat in the Matron circle; today I am deeply honored to sit in the Elder circle. My experience of growing older has been completely transformed. Much of the time I am now mindful of holding myself with kindness and respect. And that empowers me to be mindful and hold you with kindness and respect.

I am profoundly grateful for each experience, each human being, each connection and more which has illuminated the preciousness of being alive, of being a woman, of being a thread in this Sacred universe. May we all find what we need to heal and awaken to the beauty of who we truly are.

With love, gratitude, and blessings ~
Molly


Sitting in a circle, women beside me; women across from me; women around me; women embracing me; women supporting me; women listening to me; women understanding me; women appreciating me; women admiring me; women comforting me; women laughing with me; women keening with me; women celebrating with me; women outraged with me; women creating with me; women allowing me to create my own way. Women healing each other; women healing the world; women longing for peace; women uniting for justice; women choosing love and forgiveness; women visioning; women in the world; women in the home; women mothering children; women tending men; women nursing parents; women running institutions; women struggling; women overcoming; women growing ; women dying. Women, huge and tiny, bold and shy, wide and full, long and athletic; wise, strong, tender, holy, compassionate, vital brilliant, magnificent, multicolored, multitalented, multifaceted, sparkling, glimmering, light-giving gems of Creation, women! I am a woman bathing in the bliss of the company of other women.

 - Janet F. Quinn Ph.D., I Am a Woman Finding My Voice:
Celebrating the Extraordinary Blessings of Being a Woman


No comments: