Wednesday, February 7, 2024

My Letter to My Washington State Representative Marie Gluesenkamp Perez

I am aware that Washington State Representative Marie Gluesenkamp Pérez was among the 62 democrats joining republicans condemning South Africa's case against the mass murder being committed by Israel against the Palestinian people. Here are the 148 Republicans and 62 Democrats who expressed their "disgust" at South Africa’s suit accusing Israel of genocide. They also praised White House spokesperson John Kirby for calling the case "meritless, counterproductive, and completely without basis in fact whatsoever." (https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1749929697457127591)

I am so sickened, disturbed, outraged, and heartbroken for each and every person who is complicit with the ongoing obliteration of the Palestinians. The below is my letter to my representative ― who absolutely does NOT represent me.

For more on this story, please also go here: https://truthout.org/articles/62-house-dems-join-gop-in-condemning-south-africas-genocide-case-against-israel/.

May we all stand strongly and in every way humanly possible for an end to this madness, an end to genocide, an end to the horrors that are being perpetrated each and every day. ― Molly

Hi Marie,

My husband has already written you and now I am compelled to also do so for the first time. 

First, I would like you to know that I supported you when you ran against Joe Kent. I was very excited about your candidacy. 

Second, I will no longer donate or advocate for you today in the wake of learning that you voted with Republicans and far too many Democrats to condemn South Africa's strong stand against Israel's genocide of the Palestinian people. 

I am extremely outraged, disturbed, disillusioned and saddened by your complicity with mass murder. Over 26,000 Palestinians have been killed, mostly women and children, and this is likely an underestimate. 

It is unconscionable that you are failing to strongly stand with South Africa and those of us in our nation and worldwide who condemn the mass murder that is occurring each and every day. As a mother and grandmother, I am horrified by all who are not fiercely advocating for a permanent ceasefire NOW but who instead turn their backs on such horrifying injustice, brutality, suffering, heartlessness, and evil.

Tragically, democrats are playing right into Netanyahu's hands by their complicity with the genocide. Biden and other democrats are at huge risk of losing upcoming elections because of their support of Israel's intentions and actions to obliterate the Palestinian people. And, of course, Netanyahu would absolutely prefer to see Trump sitting in the White House. 

As long as you and Biden and other democrats act as Netanyahu's puppets, that horrifying prediction is likely to become a reality. And no one can say that you weren't warned of the horrific impacts of your choices to be complicit with genocide. 

I pray that you will wake up, completely change course, and do the right thing. The children of Gaza and the world are watching. And as are millions of voters.

Molly Strong
Vancouver, WA

No comments: