Monday, March 6, 2023

My Beloved Child, Break Your Heart No Longer

This past Saturday my husband and I were blessed with participating in a daylong retreat with Doug Pullin, my therapist and dharma teacher, on self-compassion. Doug shared several poems, including this one. So beautiful. I also need to acknowledge that even to this day, and after all these years of healing and opening my heart, self-compassion is something that I can struggle with and especially during times of another layer of old losses arising. So I share this lovely poem from the tenderness of my heart to yours... and with the remembrance of Rumi's wise words that "our greatest strength lies in the gentleness and tenderness of our hearts." 💗

With many blessings,
Molly

My beloved child,

break your heart no longer.
Each time you judge yourself
you break your own heart.

You stop feeding on the love,
which is the wellspring of your vitality.
The time has come, your time
To live, to celebrate…
and to see the goodness that you are…

Let no one, no thing, no idea or ideal obstruct you
If one comes, even in the name of “Truth”,
forgive it for its unknowing

Do not fight
Let go
And breathe into the goodness that you are.

Swami Kripalu
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Beautiful beyond words and something I so relate to, thanks for sharing.