Monday, March 6, 2023

Emma Seppala: I Am Enough

I Am Enough

 For so long, I felt that I was not enough. 
Not smart enough. Not this enough. Not that enough. 
I felt small. Insignificant. Painfully insufficient. 
 
And then I realized my journey 
is not about becoming enough. 
I am enough. 
We were all born enough. 
 
From anxiously striving to peacefully, 
joyfully, gratefully being. 
Savoring what is. 
 
Because at the end of the day, 
your soulmate is you. 
Your constant companion from the 
moment of birth to death is you. 
There is no one else who is always there. 
 
And when you truly love and care for yourself, 
you finally and at last truly love others. 
Because your cup is full, at last. 
 
And just maybe there are moments 
when you come to realize... 
there is no other.
 
Emma Seppala 
 

No comments: