Saturday, June 2, 2018

Some Thoughts On the Trauma We Live With In America


Something I wrote on May 26th...

We’re driving home right now from Victoria, BC. One thing that has really struck my son Matt, my husband, and me once we first landed in Canada and got some physical space from our country is how traumatized we are living in the United States. It’s so painful to know this. 

And my heart is filled with sadness knowing that my grandson Ethan is safer - mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, psychologically - living in Canada than my grandchildren Oliver, Eleanor, and Carsten are in America. 

Matt and Ron and I are so acutely aware that the daily acts of horror and heartlessness are not happening in Canada like they are in the United States. There was this sense of relief getting some physical space from the daily trauma of what’s happening in America. And my heart also grieves that so many of us as a people have so lost our way. 

I also need to keep reminding myself that there are also so many who have the courage to be conscious in these dark times. We are the ones who refuse to give up on working individually and together towards a nation and world which increasingly cares for all life. We are the ones who know that we are all connected, all related, all family, all in this together. 

Bless us all. We need the support of each other to continue to grow our hearts stronger for the long haul. We mustn’t give up. All the children everywhere of all the species today and into the future are counting on our relentless courage and compassion, wisdom and love, and actions that are rooted in the highest good. 

May love triumph over all who are lost to so much fear. Bless us all. Bless us all.
  
❤ Molly

No comments: