Sunday, January 3, 2016

Reflections On Religion, Judging Mind, and Kindness

If becoming "religious" has made you more judgmental, 
rude, harsh, a backbiter, you need to check if you 
are worshiping God or your ego.
 
I share this with the humility of one who has been healing from my own inner critic for many years. It is certainly an ongoing process. And what I know today is that if I am judging you, my reaction is most likely more about me and my issues rather than anyone outside of myself. Perhaps a basic question to remember to ask ourselves is simply if our beliefs, thoughts, actions move us into a space of greater kindness? 
 
My perspective is that we are all spirits in process. My prayer is that our spiritual and religious paths lead us to shed more and more of our judging minds and instead be drawn deeper and deeper into compassionate awareness and action and alignment with the values we profess to embrace.
 
Namaste ~ Molly 
 

No comments: