Monday, January 4, 2016

Anne Lamott: Age Has Given Me Me

I love Anne Lamott, I love this quote, and I love this vision for what it is to grow older! Truly, if we are on a path of becoming ourselves, then growing older brings with it such profound gifts. We get to increasingly know our essence and purpose, to embrace life's ups and downs as opportunities and as a normal part of life, to find greater balance and meaning and connection and purpose. Life's pain becomes increasingly balanced with joy, peace, acceptance, understanding, compassion, beauty, laughter and love. However, if we are growing older and life seems to be one painful deadend after another, if we are feeling more fearful or judging or apart from as opposed to a part of, then maybe we are being presented with an opportunity to explore a different road, to look for a new doorway, to discover what is calling to be let go of in order that the new can arise. This journey of becoming more conscious and whole is not an easy one. Of course, staying in the pain of being more asleep than awake is the greater loss. Bless us all on our journeys. ♥  Molly

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." - e. e. cummings

photo: Emma Amanita
Age has given me what I was looking for my entire life - it has given me me . It has provided time and experience and failures and triumphs and time-tested friends who have helped me step into the shape that was waiting for me. I fit into me now. I have an organic life, finally, not necessarily the one people imagined for me, or tried to get me to have. I have the life I longed for. I have become the woman I hardly dared imagine I would be.

― Anne Lamott

No comments: