Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Some Thoughts On Getting the Vote Out

My husband works on his postcards.


My husband and I completed writing 200 postcards to get the vote out and put them in the mail yesterday, as instructed. Mostly they were going to Americans living in New York. Ron's sister Roxane, who was visiting us from her home in Colorado, also helped write some of the postcards.

Our messages were simple and mostly followed the messages that were recommended. Mine read:
Hi ______. Thank you for being a voter! Who you vote for is private, but whether you vote is important. Please vote in the November 5th election. Thank you so much! ― Molly

I was heartened to hear that the man at the post office who I purchased the 200 stamps from knew what I was doing and thanked me. It's become obvious to me that countless people across the state and country are doing the same thing along with so many other actions that are vital to the welfare of us all. And every single action that any of us takes matters! And matters deeply!

I was also able to write some of my cards while listening to a Kamala Harris rally. The rallies, the activism, the donations and postings and advocating and doing everything humanly possible to make a Harris Presidency happen is what  helps keep me sane, is what I experience as antidotes to despair, and is what I do as my part to stop the terrifying rise of fascism in our country.

Like one of the yard signs on our property, Ron and I truly do believe in love, equanimity, kindness, peace, courage, and compassion. And my husband and I are clear that only one of our Presidential candidates comes close to embodying those values, open-heartedness, and integrity.

Please VOTE!! May the highest good prevail! 🙏🙏 Molly

No comments: