Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A Reminder for October 16th: A Memorial Ceremony For My Mother

This is a reminder of the memorial ceremony for my mother that is scheduled for this Sunday, October 16th at 2pm. Please note the corrected address below. One other update is that Ron is now continuing to feel stronger and we have begun to hug family and friends again. There is much to be grateful for. I am looking forward to seeing everyone who is able to make it on Sunday. Warmest blessings... 🙏 Molly

Remembering My Mom

"Our greatest strength lies in the gentleness 
and tenderness of our heart." 
— Rumi

Nancy Marilyn Moesta Strong died two years ago on June 20th, 2020 at the age of 94. Living in this pandemic era, it was not possible to do an in-person memorial to honor my mother at that time.

When our spiritual community first reopened its doors again in April after two years of closure due to Covid, I initially had been hoping to hold this service close to what would have been my mom's 96th birthday in June. However, it soon became clear to me that setting a summer date meant that many people would be away and not able to attend as was the case with my son Matt and daughter-in-law Rubi and several other close friends and family members.

We have now moved the date for my mom's celebration of life to October 16th. This is the updated information for my mother's memorial ceremony at Portland Insight Meditation Community (PIMC):

  • Date and time: Sunday, October 16th, 2022 at 2:00
  • Place: PIMC is located at 6536 SE Duke Street, Portland, OR 97206
  • Robert Beatty, who married Ron and myself 9 years ago, will officiate
  • Tea and light snacks will be provided in the living room at PIMC following the service 
  • Shoes are not worn in the Dharma Hall 
  • Zoom will be available to those not living in the area, but wishing to attend. (If interested, please let me know by calling, texting, or emailing me at mollystrong51@gmail.com) 
  • Testing for Covid on the day of the service is recommended, but not required.
  • Wearing masks will be optional. Bringing a mask will also be appreciated.
  • If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan to not attend. Thank you.
I also want to acknowledge, and as many of you already know, that Ron has been sick over the past several months. (For more details, please go here: https://mollystrongheart.blogspot.com/2022/08/for-family-and-friends-new-update-for.html.) This illness and its treatment has also meant that Ron is immunocompromised. Gratefully, Ron is also now feeling stronger than he had been and is continuing to make progress.
 
One other note: There was no service for my father or my twin brother at the times of their deaths many years ago. This ceremony in honor of my mom, and also our family, is something deeply meaningful to me and which I am so very grateful to be able to now do. What an amazing journey it has been! So many miracles. So much healing. So many extraordinary gifts — gifts which are so much greater than what has unfolded for my mother and our family alone. Consequently, this sacred ceremony will also be in celebration and honor of the deep and transformative power of compassion, grace, and Love. Blessed be!
 
With tenderness, gratitude, and love... 
🙏💗 Molly
 
 
Robert Beatty marries Ron & Molly at PIMC, September 14th, 2013

No comments: