Sunday, August 28, 2022

Janet F. Quinn: I Am a Women Bathing in the Bliss of the Company of Other Women

Photo by Molly

I Am a Women Bathing in the Bliss of the
Company of Other Women

Sitting in a circle of women, women beside me, women across from me; women around me; women listening to me; women embracing me; women understanding me; women appreciating me; women admiring me; women comforting me; women laughing with me; women keening with me; women celebrating with me; women outraged with me; women creating with me; women allowing me to create my own way. Women healing each other; women healing the world; women longing for peace; women uniting for justice; women choosing love and forgiveness; women visioning; women in the world; women in the home; women mothering children; women tending men; women nursing parents; women running institutions; women struggling; women overcoming; women growing; women dying. Women, huge and tiny, bold and shy, wide and full, long and athletic; wise, strong, tender, compassionate, vital, brilliant, magnificent, multicolored, multitalented, multifaceted, sparkling, glimmering, holy, light-giving gems of Creation, women! I am a woman bathing in the bliss of the company of other women.


From I Am a Woman Finding My Voice: Celebrating the
Extraordinary Blessings of Being a Woman
By Janet F. Quinn, Ph.D., R.N.
 

No comments: