Monday, January 10, 2022

We Are Being Played

This illustration is tragically true. I’ve often struggled to let go of my illusions, indoctrination, and ignorance. And it’s an ongoing painful and courageous journey to chip away at false belief systems and replace opinions and misinformation with facts and deeper truths. At least this has certainly been true for me. And yet as I see more and more clearly, I understand that there is no way that we’d be facing such multiple extreme crises and incredible and ever increasing suffering in our nation and worldwide if it hadn’t been for the corporatization of our entire political system. 
 
It’s taken a lot for me to give up on the idea that one major political party is all good and the other is all bad. It’s painful to see these larger pictures. That said, I understand the intense importance of learning how to stand increasingly in the truth. May we inspire each other individually and collectively to embrace what Chris Hedges refers to as a “profound commitment to truth."  Molly

* * *
I’m also moved to add the words of my brave and wise friend Alison Rose Levy, someone who inspires me: 
 
“Cartoonist Laura Gray (born in 1909) figured it out in 1948-- 73 years ago. It's exactly the same today. So why haven't we figured it out yet? If you have, and still have friends who haven't figured it out, what prevents you from telling them?
“We are being played. BOTH parties are playing us. Next step is figuring out how to get all of us out of the entrapment. But even if you can't yet see a way, begin the first step -- understand that neither party will save us-- and we don't have much time.
“Speak up about it, and don't allow your friends to continue to believe in and impose this delusion.”
 

No comments: