Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Starhawk: Covid-19 Is Not the Flu

 Wise and true.


Karyne Kuzawski writes: So many people in the alternative spirituality community are anti-vaccine. When Starhawk got vaccinated, she got a lot of negative feedback from people saying she was going against her values. Why wasn’t she letting/helping her healthy immune system take care of her? I loved her response:
Starhawk wrote: But what about herbal medicine and natural methods? Hey, I drink ginger tea whenever I feel fluish, or chomp on turkey tail mushrooms, and that generally works fine for me. I have a good, strong immune system.
But Covid-19 is not the flu. It's something our immune systems have not yet evolved to deal with.
When Europeans arrived on this continent, the indigenous people of the Americas were amazing herbalists, incredibly skilled healers, extremely knowledgeable about all the medicines of the land, and they ate completely wild, nutrient dense organic food--but they had never developed immunities to European diseases and millions died.
For that matter, the old Witches of Europe were damn good herbalists but that wasn't much help, either, against the bubonic plague. I'm not arrogant enough to think that I'm in their league, anyway.


No comments: