Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Rumi: To Wander In the Field of Flowers Pull the Thorns From Your Heart


  Very little grows on jagged rock. 
Be ground. 
Be crumbled, so wildflowers will come up 
where You are. 
 
***
 
To wander in the fields of flowers
pull the thorns from your Heart.
 
*** 
 
Protect Yourself... 
From Your Own Thoughts.
 
***   
 

“I said: what about my eyes?
He said: Keep them on the road.

I said: What about my passion?
He said: Keep it burning.

I said: What about my heart?
He said: Tell me what you hold inside it?

I said: Pain and sorrow.
He said: Stay with it. The wound is the place 
where the Light enters you.

 ***

My heart is so small
it's almost invisible.
How can You place
such big sorrows in it?

"Look," He answered,
"your eyes are even smaller,
yet they behold the world."
 
*** 
 
Always remember you are braver than 
you believe, stronger than you seem, 
smarter than you think and twice
as beautiful as you'd ever imagined. 
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to 
change the world. Today I am wise, 
so I am changing myself.

 ***

I looked in temples, churches and mosques.
But I found the Divine within my heart.
 
***
 
What a Joy, 
to travel the way of the Heart.

***

Although I may try to describe love, when I 
experience it, 
I am speechless ....

***

Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, 
worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn’t matter. 
Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even 
if you have broken your vows a thousand times. 
Come, yet again, come, come.
 
Rumi 
 

No comments: