Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Chelan Harkin: No Greater Medicine, No Greater or More Beautiful Courage Than Telling Our Stories

Tears. Thank you, Chelan Harkin! THANK YOU. Yes, yes, YES!!

I just purchased Let Us Dance after discovering this amazingly gifted poet through a dear friend. The sacred gifts flowing through her and that are her and that she is offering to the world are so profoundly needed, beautiful, wise, loving and true.
Deep bow. Many tears. Heartfelt gratitude. 🙏 Molly
 

By Chelan Harkin
 
I want to start telling my story. Every piece of it that holds meaning. I don't want to be old and hungry with story build up. I want to share my journey now. I want to share every hardship and heartache and dazzling joy and learned wisdom and honor the heck out of every bit of it with my telling. I deserve that and we all do. Each life is a voyage and a great tale. The desire for me to harvest, hold and share mine is starting to feel like more and more of a necessity.
Sharing our "life story" is often dismissed with ridicule. "Are you gonna tell your whooooole life story?!" Those kinds of comments often make the natural, healthy desire to do this, which I think is somewhat universal, seem grandiose, too much, selfish, inappropriate in some way.
But I think there is no greater medicine and in many ways, no greater or more beautiful courage.
We're naturally built for story. Stories carry so many lessons in them that are easy to receive. Stories aren't opinionated. Stories don't polarize. Stories liberate the stories in others.
Brene Brown talks about how when we claim the story of our past we get to write our future rather than let our past, with its store of fears and traumas and conditionings, live itself out through us without intention.
I believe what she says. As I've moved through an incredibly intense in its pace and profoundly meaningful healing journey, I notice I am bit by bit retrieving parts of my story that used to live in my unconscious as the drivers of my life but as they're brought to the light of my consciousness and are integrated with love, they become stories of potent healing to offer to others.
I'm excited to claim the power of my desire to tell my story and I look forward with big enthusiasm to wholeheartedly, transparently and with great love, offering it to you.
Stay tuned.
Meanwhile, I encourage all of us to consider claiming and adorning ourselves with the crown of our story.
❤
Art: Jeanie Tomanek
Image shared from The Cosmic Dancer
 
Please go here for Chelan's website:
 

No comments: