Thursday, May 12, 2016

Belated Mother's Day Reflections

I took this photo of Kuan Yin on Mother's Day morning out on our patio
Happy Mother's Day to the mothers I know and love. And Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and women everywhere. Whether we birth children or not, in our bodies and hearts and souls we are those who give birth ~ birth to new life that takes many forms beyond any children we may birth, including creativity and beauty, tenderness and healing, kindness and compassion, courage and love. 

May we all remember on this special day to honor and bless the Sacred Feminine within our mothers, ourselves, each other, and our Earth Mother. I also imagine a world in which we individually and collectively embody this conscious awareness and blessing on Mother's Day and, increasingly, on every day as reflected in the way we live our lives.

Molly

My heart is also filled with infinite gratitude for the profound blessing
of my three sons, who are such amazing souls and who, through their 
beautiful presence, have played a major role in my awakening.

 With our youngest son, Matt, 1992
 
With Kevin, Matt, and Brian, 2013
 

No comments: