Saturday, April 2, 2016

Thomas Frank: The Typical Washington Liberal

Ron, Matt, and I saw Thomas Frank speak at Powell's Books here in Portland last night. I am, as always, so grateful to have gone! Because each and every time I experience actually seeing someone who I trust, who I know to be grounded in integrity, and who is a passionate seeker of truth, I am gifted with new information, new perspective, and a new awareness of yet a larger picture. Which in turn helps me to lift yet one more veil of illusion, distortion, misinformation, bias, and ignorance. And I am so grateful! The truth-tellers in our midst inspire me! May they inspire us all! 

Peace & blessings ~ Molly

With Thomas Frank
Mounting a campaign against plutocracy makes as much sense to the typical Washington liberal as would circulating a petition against gravity. What our modernized liberal leaders offer is not confrontation but a kind of therapy for those flattened by the free-market hurricane: they counsel us to accept the inevitability of the situation.*

- Thomas Frank 

 ****

* Thomas Frank certainly illuminates how it is that Democratic Party 
has also been very much a part of the ever increasing obscene 
wealth disparity and redistribution of wealth upward. It may appear easier 
to just point fingers at "those Republicans," but that would not be accurate. 
Yes, there is a difference between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. 
And there is indeed also a great gap between Clinton and Bernie Sanders. 
So fascinating to also learn more about the Clinton's last night, 
things I never knew! Like Bill Clinton's plan with Newt Gingrich to
privatize social security! And that the affair with Monica Lewinsky is
the last minute obstacle which prevented this insanity! ~ Molly

Please go here for more on Thomas Frank's latest book:



No comments: