Friday, November 15, 2013

Clarissa Pinkola Estes: Some Cats Are People

Dear Brave Souls, 

There are affinities in this world. Unexplainable bonds that form betwixt persons and creatures and trees and plants and vistas. Almost instantly. Another way of being blessed by Force Greater. 

Long, long ago, long after I learned I was allergic to cats and would move to the other side of the room to avoid the kitties, so my eyes wouldnt swell and blur til I was half blind with cat-ness...

One day after years of cat-carefulness.... as I stepped out of my truck to walk down the road to my house, a cat began following me. Ooo cat surveillance. I thought she just happened perhaps to be walking behind me, not really a paparazi-kitty. 

But when I turn right, she turned right. When I came up the stairs, she came right after. When I stepped onto the porch, she stepped onto the porch... and made 'soft paws' at me, hopping up on the porch bannister as I was putting my key in the door. Putting her paw on my arm, just like a person would who wants you to stop for a minute, and had something to say to you, tenderly say something to you, softly touching your arm, keeping their hand on your arm with love. Looking right into your eyes. With love.

I was so taken.

Goodness gracious, who are you Kitty? And where did she came from and did she want to come in, was she hungry or tired. But no, she did not want to come in. She did not want to eat. She just wanted to let me know something very important. 

--That cats who sashay away as though they are stuck up, as my father used to say about cats holding up their tails while they swaggered away from humans... arrogantly 'wearing a diamond ' in their nether region [he said it more plainly]-- that not all cats are like that. That cats are like people; some so warm and kindly. Some moody. Some suffering with their own fears. And some ratcat crazy. 

Did I say cats are 'like' people. Let me amend that. Some cats are people. Seriously. 

I wonder though, perhaps some persons are really cats. 

Could be. That would explain a lot. lol. Especially that part about 'everything here is mine.' I hope you are laughing with me. 

this comes with love,
dr.e

this image of cat is public domain wall paper, and this picture looks JUST like the kitty who followed me home. Tell me this isnt a human cat being. lol.


No comments: