Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Reflections



With Christmas have come reflections, prayers, mindfulness, gratitude, intentions, and so much more. Yes, Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! And what does that mean? No doubt, this could be answered in so many different ways.

For me, I am called to extend to family, friends, loved ones and beyond the warmest of wishes for love, beauty, joy, connection, meaning, peace, healing, courage, tenderness, laughter, and deep blessing. It is my hope for all beings that suffering lessen and be transformed into something much greater, something which nourishes our hearts, minds, souls.

Perhaps a larger picture question is how is it that each of us brings forth the teachings of Christ or of any of the great spiritual traditions in our lives every day? How does our spiritual path manifest in the ways that we live our lives?

My prayer is that we be empowered individually and collectively to grow in mindfulness. May we increasingly clarify the ways we bring forth the change that is needed within ourselves and this beautiful world we share. May we walk the path we came here to walk. May we be kind. May we be peace.

This is the deep teaching of Christ and of all the Great Ones which resonates in my heart and holds the highest meaning for me.

***************
 
My religion is very simple - my religion is kindness.
 
~ The Dalai Lama
 


No comments: