Monday, July 14, 2008

Plastic Bags - Important to Learn About NOW!



THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US CAN DO THIS!

Please click Download Plastic_Bags.pdf to view what plastic bags do to the planet and join those here in America and around the world who are responsible shoppers and environmentally conscious citizens. Our numbers are growing! And this is so important! Sadly, however, we Americans are often among the last to be up on these things. It's amazing how many conversations I have with shoppers in line who have no idea why it is important to bring our own bags. So please take a minute or two to watch this profound slide show AND then spread the word!! It matters! Thank you!

I will also honestly and humbly share that this is not an easy habit to break - to stop using grocery bags, and especially plastic! - each and every time I shop. Yet, ever since learning more of the cost to our planet and all life on Earth of the continued use of plastic bags, I have been increasingly committed to bringing my own cloth bags to use when shopping. Now when I forget my bags in the car, which still happens!, I will either stop my shopping midway to go back outside - and, yes, even on a rainy day! - to retrieve my cloth bags from my car. Or I will just have the bagger put my loose groceries back in the cart unbagged, or if possible I will carry everything I can in my arms, and either way I will walk out of the store with my receipt grasped in my hand and clearly in view. I sure am putting for the effort to change - even though something this simple does take work! It is just so worth it!

Thank you to my friend Diane for being the first to pass on this deeply moving and life changing reason for why and how we can all take this valuable step that will make future generations grateful for our choices today. It is inspiring to know how much of a growing difference each and every one of us can make. I am convinced that our small individual and collective steps all add up to something big. So I thank each of you so much for all your on-going efforts, visions, and actions which reflect caring, respect, and love for life on this beautiful planet!

May the heartfelt ripples that we send out into the world grow through the actions we take each day.

Peace & blessings,

Molly

"It is not enough to be compassionate. You must ACT." ~ The Dalai Lama

No comments: