Sunday, April 28, 2024

Chelan Harkin: God Did It

Deepest bow of gratitude, love, and appreciation for Chelan Harkin and all that flows through her ― which she offers to us individually and collectively. I have all three of her poetry books. Highly recommended. And now I have preordered and eagerly await the publication of her forth book. My husband and I also often read one or two of Chelan's poems together, sometimes daily. We read God Did It this morning. And loved it. 

I believe that Chelan Harkin's depth of consciousness and love, her journey of deep struggle and healing and awakening, the ways that she illuminates and challenges the great longtime harms and illusions of the status quo, and her wisdom and vision for a transformed world is a gift to us all. 💗

Blessed be. 🙏 Molly

Photo by Molly

GOD DID IT

The light of God
is the only revolutionary.

It's the light in each other
that's been too bright to see.
To look at it directly
would burn down
our separation.

It's the light
that overthrows
hierarchy.

It tosses our small identity
into the sea that cannot be separated
from all.

As Her revolution builds
in our hearts,
humanity evolves.

She is the Great Subversive One
who will speak up
for that which is true
even amidst those armed
with the harshest dedication
to falsehoods.

She is the lead abolitionist.

She is at the front
of feminist marches,
She is the origin of any cause
that brings consciousness
forward.

If any religious dogmatists
or puffed-up men
get mad at me
for the great mercy
of my disruptive poetry
She has told me
to use Her
as my scapegoat.

So I look at them
unflinchingly
with a wry smile
and say,

"Don't blame me.
God did it."

― Chelan Harkin
From Wild Grace

No comments: