Thursday, May 12, 2022

A Memorial For My Mom

My mom died at the age of 94 on June 20th, 2020. For the past two years it has not been possible to do an in-person memorial for my mother due to the pandemic. That has now changed with the opening of the doors once again of our spiritual community at PIMC (Portland Insight Meditation Community) in early April.
 
I am now in process of notifying more of my friends and family of the memorial service that will be occurring in June.
  • Date and time: Sunday, June 12th, 2022 at 3:00
  • Place: PIMC is located at 6513 SE Duke Street, Portland, OR 97206
  • Tea and light snacks will be provided in the living room at PIMC following the service 
  • Shoes are not worn in the Dharma Hall 
  • Zoom will be available to those not living in the area, but wishing to attend. (Please call, text, or email me at mollystrong51@gmail.com) 
There was no service for my father or my twin brother at the times of their deaths many years ago. This ceremony in honor of my mom and our family is something deeply meaningful to me and which I am very grateful to be able to now do. What an amazing journey it has been.
 
Blessed be.... 💗 Molly
 
Photo by Molly

No comments: