Thursday, October 14, 2021

Chelan Harkin: Recovery Program

Wouldn't it be wonderful for each of us, for all of us, to recite this beautiful little poem by Chelan Harkin again and again, inserting our name and gradually integrating its depths... "My name is Molly Strong and I am in the ongoing recovery program of....." Just imagine how we and our world would change. Just imagine..... 🙏 Molly

 RECOVERY PROGRAM

My name is Chelan Harkin
and I am in the ongoing recovery program
from the addiction
to the paradigms of the past.
 
I'm trying to become
sober from facade,
a renunciate of half-truths,
a teetotaler of pretense.
 
It's time to transform our hearts
and our world
with our truth
one day at a time.
 
Chelan Harkin
From Let Us Dance: The Stumble
and Whirl With the Beloved 
 
 
 

No comments: