Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Watch Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fire Back on House Floor After Rep. Yoho Calls Her An “F’ing Bitch”

So many layers of the deep shadow side of America is being illuminated very much including the misogyny that has long been so pervasive in American patriarchal culture. Nothing can change until it is seen. Bless Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a courageous voice of truth and integrity so vitally needed! Molly


We bring you Congressmember Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s full address from the floor of the House when she excoriated her Republican colleague, Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida, after he verbally attacked her earlier in the week on the steps of the Capitol and used a sexist slur overheard by a reporter, calling her a “fucking bitch,” then issued a non-apology from the House floor. “My mother got to see Mr. Yoho’s disrespect on the floor of this House towards me on television,” she says, “and I am here because I have to show my parents that I am their daughter and that they did not raise me to accept abuse from men.”

 

No comments: