Saturday, February 21, 2015

Janet Quinn: I Am a Woman Bathing In the Bliss of the Company of Other Women

This is for the beautiful women I sit in circle with on the one year anniversary of the birth of our circle. This is also for Judith Duerk, who 25 years ago first introduced me to the power and healing of women gathering to share our stories and our lives. And this is for all the women I love and care about, and this is for all women everywhere. May we break through the inner and outer barriers that have kept us silent and separate, disempowered and distrusting, fearful and and isolated. May we increasingly connect and nourish the flowering of our most authentic, strong, wise, loving and beautiful selves. 
Bless us all ~ Molly


I Am a Woman Bathing In the Bliss of the
Company of Other Women

Sitting in a circle, women beside me, women across from me; women around me; women embracing me; women supporting me; women listening to me; women understanding me; women appreciating me; women admiring me; women comforting me; women laughing with me; women keening with me; women celebrating with me; women outraged with me; women creating with me; women allowing me to create my own way. Women healing each other; women healing the world; women longing for peace; women uniting for justice; women choosing love and forgiveness; women visioning; women in the world; women in the home; women mothering children; women tending men; women nursing parents; women running institutions; women struggling; women overcoming; women growing; women dying. Women, huge and tiny, bold and shy, wide and full, long and athletic; wise, strong, tender, holy, compassionate, vital, brilliant, magnificent, multicolored, multitalented, multifaceted, sparkling, glimmering, light-giving gems of Creation, women! I am a woman bathing in the bliss of the company of other women.

- Janet Quinn, I Am a Woman Finding My Voice:
Celebrating the Extraordinary Blessings of Being a Woman

No comments: