![]() |
| Photo by Molly |
Where Gentle Strength Begins
The old ones taught
that power does not always raise its voice.
Sometimes it kneels beside sorrow
and waits until the heart can breathe again.
The earth knows this kind of strength.
She carries every fallen leaf,
every forgotten footprint,
and still makes room for another spring.
I was told that what is sacred
should never be owned—
only honored,
only protected,
only passed forward with clean hands.
So when grief comes,
I do not ask it to leave quickly.
I let it sit near the fire
until it remembers its true name.
For pain, when carried with love,
can become wisdom.
And memory, when held without anger,
can become a path.
One day we all return
to the same quiet ground.
Until then,
may we walk softly,
protect what cannot protect itself,
and leave behind a kindness
strong enough to outlive our names.
— Dorothy Vera

No comments:
Post a Comment