Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Please Join Me in Writing NPR in Protest of Taking "The Takeaway" Off the Air

Melissa Harris-Perry
This is the message that I wrote to NPR. I hope that you will join me in voicing your protest and outrage that Melissa Harris-Perry's "The Takeaway" is scheduled to be taken off the air in June. Thank you.

My message:

I recently heard that The Takeaway is going to be discontinued as of June. I am beyond outraged. This is among the most important programs on NPR and one of the very few remaining that highlight essential issues not normally covered by corporate funded American mainstream media. I am a 71 year old retired social worker who has been watching the steady decline of NPR over the years as the corporate influences over its contents have grown. It is chilling to witness the declining integrity and commitment to deeper truths, the deep difference between NPR and independent media resources such as Democracy Now!, and the growing lack of independent journalism that is not dependent upon allegiance to large individual and corporate interests. This must change. It must. And I am spreading the word of your compromised integrity and how this must change, such as here: https://mollystrongheart.blogspot.com/2023/02/i-am-outraged-takeaway-canceled-by-wnyc.html.
Sincerely,
Molly Strong

No comments: