Saturday, August 22, 2020

Danna Faulds: Here


Here
 
It's always here, the silent
underpinning, the foundation
beneath the foundation. When
I reach deep enough into darkness,
 
inside fear, self-doubt, aversion or
despair, there's something so intact
I almost miss it in my focus on
brokenness. It's always here, this
 
 ground of being. Like the water in 
which fish swim, it's easy to overlook
the eloquence of truth. It's here, this
guiding presence, this calm, abiding
 
stillness. It's here when I don't try
to make life any more or any less than
what it is, when I stop trying to be
right. it's here when I unclench my
 
fists and breathe, when I let go of the
demand to make life smooth or easy.
It's here, the oneness underlying
multiplicity, the exquisite "is-ness"
 
of everything. I could shout it from
the rooftops, but it's true no matter
what I say, and I know you'll find
it in your own time, your own way,
 
that precious moment when you
choose to meet life exactly as it is.
 
Danna Faulds
From One Soul: More Poems From
the Heart of Yoga
 

No comments: