Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Anne Lamott: One of Life's Miracles

I love this quote by Anne Lamott. And it reminds me that there are many people I treasure. There is my sweet husband, who is best friend to my heart and soul. There is my dear friend of over 30 years, Lynn. And there are others. This is for all those who I hold in my heart as gems. And this is for all the sweet precious beloved friends who gift all of our lives and who, through our loving connections, help us to deepen in our capacity to love and to remember who we most truly are. Gratitude and love for all those we most intimately and wholeheartedly share our journeys with. This is truly among life's great miracles. ♥ Molly

Ron and me when we were newly together. I knew this was my best friend for life after just one month.
With Lynn at last years Women of the 14th Moon Ceremony.
Close friendships are one of life's miracles--that a few people get to know you deeply, all your messy or shadowy stuff along with the beauty and sweetness, and they still love you. Not only still love you, but love you more and more deeply. I would do anything for my closest friends, and they would do almost anything for me, and that is about as spiritual a truth as you can get.

- Anne Lamott

No comments: