Thursday, June 19, 2014

It's My Birthday!

Photo: Lily in our backyard pond.

My Sobriety As Doorway

Thirty years ago today I walked through the doorway of sobriety. I was beyond scared to death. It felt like the bottom of my whole world was falling out from under me. And it was! Thank God/Goddess/Spirit/ Mystery! Everything - everything! - has changed. First there had to be this death, this dying away of what did not work, of what caused harm and deadened my heart, and these baby-huge steps into the unknown. My flowering had begun! I had begun to awaken! WOW!!

My experience has taught me that in order for there to be this extraordinary birth into who we most deeply are, there first appears a doorway - some path, unique to each of us, that leads us toward awakening, toward birthing ourselves. It takes a lot to recognize that there is this profound need to move toward that which is so foreign and frightening rather than run away.

We all have doorways. Many. May we each find them. Throughout our lives, may we have the courage, support, love and passion to become who we are.

With great gratitude and tenderness,

Molly

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.


 ♥~♥~

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.

 

No comments: