Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Son Brian's Adventures in Nepal


Brian went "trekking in the Langtang region ..."

Brian shares that "written on this stone is Om mani padme hum,
which is the mantra that shows up everywhere and on everything in
the Buddhist parts of the country. Young people, old people chanting... "


Brian's "self-portrait is on my second day in Kathmandu."


I am beyond happy, excited, grateful, joyful, moved, and loving that
our oldest son Brian has been on an amazing adventure in Nepal.
For more, and to learn more about this other side of the world,
please visit Brian's blog at http://brianrhyolite.blogspot.com/.

Peace & blessings ~ Molly

* * *

I don't really even have words for what all was happening up there.
I like the word puja (also, here). My understanding is still very
minimal, but to me puja seems to mean practice, worship, whether
it's on a daily level, a yearly festival or a once in a lifetime event.
It's so strong here. There are always bells ringing to waken the
gods, people making small religious gestures as they pass temples.
It's really beautiful, actually.

~ Brian Murray

No comments: